- all music guide "nothing resembles a drone, and no part of it could be described as funereal"
- boston globe "the band's lack of musical structure is first frustrating, and subsequently exhilarating"
- entertainment weekly "rocks as much as tiny ice-crystal elves from the magical land of narnia can rock"
- e! "people will be takk-ing about this truly amazing album for years to come"
- the guardian "a sweet stick of ethereal pop-rock"
- los angeles times "too little progress and too much mood"
- metro "this life-affirming record borders on the divine"
- nme "like sucking god's cock"
- new york times "sigur rós continues to contemplate the sublime with rapture, melancholy and grace"
- the observer "a bold commitment to the big pop chorus"
- ohm "evoke[s] euphoria, delight and wonder"
- the onion "makes björk sound about as weird as kelly clarkson"
- pitchforkmedia "proves that sigur rós can, in fact, transcend their own legend"
- rolling stone "radio won't get it, but the ipods will understand"
- washington post "suggest[s] a nordic interpretation of circa 1966 beach boys"
- the wire "it mistakes an ability to think big for an ability to engage an audience"